Sunday, March 17, 2013

So yet another thing off the list, oh my, I should find more things to add to it before it gets exhausted. Tandem next up! When I have the money and time, I will definitely go for the AFF course.

To remember this experience, I shall attempt to immortalize it within words.

The ride up was beautiful, seeing the snow-covered city slowly expanding yet at the same time minimizing in size. At a certain height, I remembered blurting out, 'holy shit, that's high', only to hear a reply, 'oh, we are almost there. Just a little higher.'. I kept reminding myself to look straight to the mountains instead of down, but it was futile. Before I knew it, the instructor started to countdown, ' trih, dwa, jeden, BUNGEE!', and off I went. With my legs weighing like lead, I barely leapt off the platform and the rush of wind hit me. OH THE RUSH, WOOOSH! Never have I felt anything like that before. I saw the ground approaching so quickly and then I flipped and felt myself flying up into the air again. I think I loved this feeling more than anything, to be floating mid-air. Just weightlessness. Screams of jubilation escaped my mouth to the cheers of the few Polish uncles below.

At the end of it, the big burly instructor asked, 'so how did you find it?', all i could muster was, 'see you in spring.'


My arms turn wings
Oh those clumsy things
Send me up to that wonderful world
And then I'm up with the birds

No comments:

Post a Comment