Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Durham had been fun! Ice skating in Newcastle, a first for me and I am pretty proud to say I did not fall! Heh. Still not able to skate gracefully but at least by the end of the 1 hr I was able to skate short distances, very short indeed. Day trip to Barnard's was perfect except for the fact that it was closed. But still managed to visit the quite majestic Bowes museum so it was not a wasted trip; also the small little cafe with music scores as wallpaper. Evlin was a wonderful host, hopefully I can repay that favor come mid-April.

Even though I do not classify myself as a frequent flyer, though I wish I were, of the many trips I have been to abroad, I have never been to any alone; like really alone. There was always a friend, a companion or an adult to at least 'depend' on. The first time that happened was right after my deferment from army, where I traveled straight to Cambodia and joined my friends in our short trip to explore Siem Reap and Vietnam after. Even then it was a mistake, more like misfortune, as I was suppose to set forth with them only to have my plans thwarted by the army. But then again, it was just an hour's flight and it was still close to home, somewhat. This time round, its another 2.5 hr flight from London to Krakow, thousands of miles away. Yet somehow there was no apprehension rather it was expectancy of whats to happen.

3 days on, it kind of feels I have been here for much longer than that. Just back from pub crawling, sadly some were closed which was kinda weird, but made new friends, both poles and non-poles. There was this Danish guy who seems to be in his 40s and he has a daughter; he is already a degree holder yet he is still pursuing one more and he fits in so well with the rest of us despite his age. Respect much.

Plans for the weekend all set. Off I go again!









No comments:

Post a Comment