Monday, February 11, 2013

Feb 10. Its been 32 days since I left sunny Singapore. As much as I love the cold winter, I sit here numb, wet because of the persistent rain that has been slowly trickling from above since I woke up. There barely is a cloudless day in England and to be able to see the sun pierce through that ever gloomy overcast is a blessing indeed. On one of those rare days, there was a beautiful clear blue sky scattered with the ever-so puffy white clouds in Salisbury; we headed off to the Stonehenge, but as if on cue, the grey blanket started to approach and evident from my pictures I've uploaded, one can see how quick the bright cheerful mood quickly darkens.

I'm not complaining. I've been truly blessed to have this opportunity to explore this half of the world, one which I'm sure even my own parents have not yet have the privilege to, yet they are ever so supporting. I have seen the beautiful in this world, both in nature as well as man-made.

Yet as this trip is drawing to a close within the week, weariness starts to seep in after days of fighting the battering wind and the constant moving around. Above all, I think the most horrendous thing is to lug this 23kg load all over the place but at least I saved 600 in shipping fees.

I really wanted to enjoy England's beautiful greenery and to be honest, winter is really not the time to enjoy such luxuries. Oh well, looking forward to the start of school, concentration camps, skiing on Zakopane, mixing around with students from across the globe and maybe even a short stint at wwoofing whilst at Poland? I found one or two farms already, just have to see my timetable first before pressing the 'yes' button.

I'm still considering what to do in July before heading back to Singapore.

Continue wwoofing?
Take my professor's advice to intern at Keppel? There is Keppel Velrome (Holland), Keppel Norway or Nakilat-Offshore and Marine(Qatar). Only issue is lodging though.
Continue touring Eastern Europe alone? Greece and Turkey seems absolutely delightful.

Each choice is a different direction in life that I wish to make some headway into and not forgetting, everything costs money.

No comments:

Post a Comment