Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The only reason I am able to answer your questions is because the morals that are instill within me and my beliefs are taught and shaped by the very man that is going to stand on trial.

I never believed that anyone is perfect, and even as a man of the cloth, he is still a man, one susceptible to fall.

I am not proud i left church, and it definitely is not foresight or whatever that made me leave. I just felt that the church was moving towards a direction which i know was not what it started out to be; and it was moving away from the very essence of why i came to accept God. Coupled with the incidents that happened that very year that shook my faith to the core.

I wish I could say I chose not to leave, because by leaving I broke my very word to many whom I said no matter what i will stick through. And I definitely do not deserve the most faithful/loyal award that Elaine passed me like a year back before i left, though i stuck through the cell group's worst moments; i still remember having a cell group of just 4 people.

Nonetheless, i left. for reasons that need not be explained. But the fact remained, Kong Hee was influential in my upbringing and that i will not forget. It is never easy to see someone you look up to since young make mistakes especially such a big one, but it does not mean they are bad. I sincerely do wish that the charges will be cleared, but if he is to be convicted, it does not negate the values that he taught because the teacher may be human, but good values, morals are infallible.

1 comment:

  1. My friend, I'm sure your one-time pastor has had an impact on your life.

    May I encourage you to take the time to read this entire article

    http://www.ligonier.org/learn/articles/the-church-and-idolatry/

    Pray that you will find God again someday :)

    ReplyDelete